Rodent Control Services
Elders will develop a thorough and effective rodent
control program designed to meet your business needs.
The first step of this rodent control program is a thorough
inspection of the property to determine where rodents
are active, where they may be entering your facility,
and what conditions may be contributing to the infestation.
The rodent control program will likely include three
The availability of food and shelter makes your business
a prime target for rats and mice. Sanitation recommendations
- Eliminating rubbish and the build up of stored equipment/items
- Making sure rubbish bins are sealed from entry
- Arranging for regular rubbish pick-ups
- Regularly mowing tall grass near the facility
An average rat can get into your building through an
opening of less than 2cm wide, while a mouse needs only
an opening of less than 1cm wide.
Exclusion recommendations will include:
- Covering vents with a tight-fitting hardware
- Securing gaps around loose pipes and other wall intrusions
- Adding kick plates to exterior doors to stop rodents
from gnawing through
- Applying weather stripping to the bottoms and sides
of all doors
3. Rodent Control Stations
The installation of tamper proof, lockable
rodent stations in and around your facility is the final
step in the Elders rodent control program.
The majority of the emphasis is on the external areas
of the facility in an effort to prevent rodents from
entering the facility all together.
Rodent control stations may contain snap traps, rodent
bait, an toxic-free rodent bait for sensitive or HACCP